MINNEAPOLIS--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--A new report issued by Gallup has found that 44 percent of Capella University alumni meet Gallup’s definition of workplace engagement, surpassing the national average of 32 percent of all Americans engaged at work, as reported in the yearly Gallup Employee Engagement study.
“Since our founding, the mission of Capella University has been to extend access to high-quality degree programs for adults who seek to maximize their personal and professional potential”
According to the Gallup survey completed by more than 5,000 Capella University alumni, 79 percent of Capella University graduates agree that Capella was the perfect school for them, surpassing the national average of college graduates nationwide at every degree level. Other findings regarding strong career success include:
- Seventy-two percent of Capella graduates agree that their career is positively affected by a Capella degree.
- Eight in 10 agree that they are deeply interested in the work they do.
- Eighty-seven percent of Capella alumni say their current work is somewhat or completely related to their degree.
Beyond the workplace, results also show that at Capella:
The majority of graduates are first-generation students, greatly
exceeding the national average for graduate programs.
- Fifty-nine percent of master’s alumni and 63 percent of doctoral alumni compared to 38 and 30 percent respectively.
- Students are challenged academically (86 percent of alumni agree).
- Eighty-two percent of alumni agree that they had a professor at Capella who made them excited about learning.
- Master’s and doctoral graduates surpass Gallup’s national benchmarks for the number of graduates who are women and people of color.
“Since our founding, the mission of Capella University has been to extend access to high-quality degree programs for adults who seek to maximize their personal and professional potential,” said Dr. Richard Senese, university president and chief academic officer. “We’re pleased to see that our mission is reflected in the experiences of our alumni.”
The Gallup-Purdue Index used within Gallup’s survey of Capella alumni is a representative study of more than 30,000 U.S. college alumni, which examines the long-term success of graduates. It was established to create a more holistic understanding of student success, including whether universities are graduating students who are engaged in their jobs and satisfied in their personal lives.
To learn about the Gallup-Purdue Index results, click here.
About Capella University
Capella University (www.capella.edu) is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Founded in 1993, the university is dedicated to providing flexible, professionally aligned online degree programs designed to help working adults advance in their careers. As of September 30, 2016, more than 37,500 students were enrolled in Capella’s bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs. Known for its commitment to learner success, academic quality and innovations in online education, Capella pioneered competency-based direct assessment programs allowing students to learn at their own pace. Capella University is a wholly owned subsidiary of Capella Education Company (NASDAQ: CPLA). For more information, call 1.888.CAPELLA (888.227.3552).