PASADENA, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Fiesta Parade Floats, the most awarded float builder in Rose Parade history, ushered in 2017 with 7 award-winning float entries at the 128th Rose Parade earlier today in Pasadena, California.
“Lucy Pet’s Gnarly Crankin’ K-9 Wave Maker”
Among the Fiesta-built winners announced today was the Dole Packaged Foods float entry, “The Spirit of Hawaii,” which was awarded the 2017 Sweepstakes Trophy, the Rose Parade’s top prize, given to the parade’s most beautiful float entry. The 2017 awards add to Fiesta Parade Floats unmatched position as the most award-winning float builder in Rose Parade history.
In total, Fiesta-built floats received the following awards:
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation: “To Honor & Remember Orlando” – Lathrop K. Leishman Trophy for the most beautiful non-commercial float.
- The Bachelor: “Echoes of Love” – President’s Trophy for the most effective floral use and presentation.
- Dole Packaged Foods: “The Spirit of Hawaii” – Sweepstakes Trophy for the most beautiful entry in the parade with outstanding floral presentation and design.
- Lucy Pet: "Lucy Pet’s Gnarly Crankin’ K-9 Wave Maker" – Extraordinaire Trophy for the most spectacular float, including floats that do not retract to 55’ in length.
- Miracle-Gro: “Everything’s Coming Up Roses” – Queen’s Trophy for the most effective use and display of roses in concept, design and presentation.
- Northwestern Mutual: “Waves of Hope” – Animation Trophy for the best animation and motion.
- The City of Torrance: “Be Your Own Knight” – Tournament Volunteers Trophy for the best floral design of Parade theme 35’ in length and under.
“We are proud and humbled by the efforts and accomplishments of our clients and the remarkable team at Fiesta Parade Floats,” said Tim Estes, president of Fiesta Parade Floats. “Every year we witness what creativity and determination can achieve and this year’s theme, Echoes of Success, is a poignant reminder of that achievement when floral design, engineering, floral presentation, and the enduring messages of our clients come together into a globally beloved tradition.”
Led by a talented and experienced team of Rose Parade veterans that includes president Tim Estes and vice president and floral director Jim Hynd, and backed by a group of world-renowned float designers and artists, Fiesta Parade Floats maintains the highest award win rate in the Rose Parade industry.
In addition to the award recipients, Fiesta Parade Floats delighted parade goers with its entries for the California Milk Advisory Board, Kaiser Permanente, the City of Los Angeles, the Occupational Therapy Association of California and the Royal Court.
About Fiesta Parade Floats
Based in Irwindale, CA, Fiesta Parade Floats is considered a leader in both floral technology and floral application within both the float and floral industries. Maintaining the highest award win rate in the Rose Parade industry, Fiesta also builds custom props for television commercials, feature films, exhibits and theme parks. Major exhibits include: Spring Garden Show, Crystal Court South Coast Plaza, American Institute of Floral Design National Symposium, Feature Exhibits and the Flower/Garden Pavilion at the Los Angeles County Fair, Bellagio and Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Innoventions, Disneyland’s popular attraction in Tomorrowland and Venus Fort Shopping Mall in Tokyo, Japan. For more information, visit FiestaParadeFloats.com.