DENVER--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--New Year’s resolutions focused on financial goals can be the most rewarding to achieve but are often the most difficult to maintain, according to tax resolution experts at 20/20 Tax Resolution.
“If you are currently experiencing a tax debt problem, be proactive and stop running from the issue. It’s really not as frightening as it seems and there are experienced professionals that can help.”
“Making financial changes can feel daunting,” said Brian Biffle, president of 20/20 Tax Resolution. “However, they can be the most critical resolutions to establish and keep, particularly if you are self-employed or own your own business.”
A lack of financial planning (leading to challenges meeting tax obligations) is the overwhelming reason business owners seek tax resolution services, Biffle said. Therefore, developing goal-oriented financial practices is the most effective way to avoid facing action from taxing authorities.
Here are 20/20’s top 2017 New Year’s tax resolutions:
- Make those changes you talked about in April: Remember when you noticed you weren’t maintaining business receipts properly? Review your 2015 tax return to recall what changes you wished you made last year.
- Resolve to keep better records: It seems like a no-brainer, but maintaining organized, accurate records throughout the year is the quickest way to reduce future tax headaches.
- Make projections: Many business owners fail to project taxes they’ll owe throughout the year, creating financial uncertainty around tax deadlines. Projecting for these costs helps eliminate surprises.
- Start a tax-specific bank account: A specific tax-focused bank account to set aside for that expense and serve as a constant reminder to save for tax obligations.
- Review business and personal expenses: It’s usually easier than one thinks to identify items that can be eliminated, saving hundreds of dollars.
“Most important, get on it,” Biffle said. “If you are currently experiencing a tax debt problem, be proactive and stop running from the issue. It’s really not as frightening as it seems and there are experienced professionals that can help.”
About 20/20 Tax Resolution
Founded in 1998, 20/20 Tax Resolution has been providing compassionate tax solutions for nearly two decades. We negotiate on our clients’ behalf with taxing authorities and develop a manageable resolution strategy that meets the needs of all parties. This ensures our clients achieve the resolution they need while allowing them to continue to manage their life and business. For more information, visit www.2020taxresolution.com or call 1-877-236-1212.