NEW YORK--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--CLEAR, the nation’s leading consumer biometric identity membership platform, announces new additions to its executive team to support its major nationwide expansion. CLEAR utilizes fingerprint and iris identification technology to speed members through security at airports and sports stadiums across the U.S. and currently serves a growing base of over 700,000 members.
“We’re thrilled to have Dave, Joe, Todd, Stew and Maritza bring their years of invaluable experience to CLEAR”
Caryn Seidman Becker, Chairman and CEO of CLEAR, and Ken Cornick, President and CFO, announce the addition of experienced executives:
- David Cohen, Chief Administrative Officer: Responsible for operations, legal affairs, and government and public relations, David was previously Chief of Staff at the U.S. Customs Service. Immediately before joining CLEAR, he was a shareholder at the law firm of Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck.
- Joe Trelin, Senior Vice President of External Commerce and API: Overseeing the company’s research and development, Application Program Interface innovation, and corporate development and platform growth vision, Joe previously served in senior roles with Amazon.com, Amazon Web Services (AWS), NBC, IMDb, and Standard & Poor's.
- Todd Edebohls, Senior Vice President of Corporate Development: Leading CLEAR’s corporate development, Todd was previously Amazon.com’s Director of Business Development for eight years beginning in 1999, Vice President of Business Development of Zocdoc, CEO of software startup Inside Jobs, and Chairman of the Nasdaq-traded company of e-commerce interests including Toys.com at D.E. Shaw.
- Stewart Whitman, Head of Product and Project Management: Stew ensures the company ships software and completes projects on time and on budget. Before he joined CLEAR, he was responsible for enterprise software delivery in strategy, technology and product roles at American Express and Lehman Brothers.
- Maritza Martinez, Vice President of Finance: With 15 years of finance leadership experience at consumer-focused companies including Avon and Procter & Gamble, Maritza’s role with CLEAR includes management of the company’s financial planning and analysis, business intelligence and accounting.
“We’re thrilled to have Dave, Joe, Todd, Stew and Maritza bring their years of invaluable experience to CLEAR,” said CLEAR Chairman and CEO Caryn Seidman Becker. “Each shares our vision of strengthening security and delighting customers by never having to wait in a line with CLEAR. Our team’s experience and vision will not only help us better serve our members but also enable us to rapidly expand the platform and partner with other companies.”
Travelers have used CLEAR more than 5 million times to move seamlessly through airport security lines. CLEAR is certified as a “qualified anti-terrorism technology” by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Signing up is a fast and easy three-step process – CLEAR digitally authenticates your driver’s license or passport, confirms your identity, and then creates your biometric account. The process takes just 5 minutes. New members who enroll at the airport receive a one-month free trial and can use CLEAR immediately. Travelers interested in joining CLEAR can now visit https://www.clearme.com.
CLEAR is the nation’s leading biometric identity platform, strengthening security and redefining the consumer experience at major venues across the country. CLEAR has a growing base of over 700,000 members nationwide and has been used more than five million times by travelers. CLEAR currently operates at San Francisco, San Jose, Denver, Dallas-Fort Worth, Detroit, Houston Bush, Houston Hobby, San Antonio, Austin, Orlando, Miami, Las Vegas, Baltimore-Washington, Seattle, Washington Dulles, Washington Reagan and Westchester County Airport in New York. Additionally, its biometric service can be found at Yankee Stadium and Citi Field in New York, Coors Field in Denver, Marlins Park and American Airlines Arena in Miami, and AT&T Park in San Francisco. Enrollment is fast and easy and can be done at any CLEAR enrollment center (http://clearme.com/enrollment-centers). For more information on how CLEAR changes the way people travel and enjoy sporting events, visit http://www.clearme.com.