AUSTIN, Texas--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Embarcadero Technologies (a division of IDERA), a leading provider of software solutions for application development, today highlighted the 2016 winners of its Cool App contest, which the company launched early in the year. The competition, open to any business or consumer application built with RAD Studio, Delphi or C++Builder, recognized developers of the following apps in 2016:
“When we first launched our Cool App contest, we knew there would be some stiff competition. The winners represent some truly amazing innovations that are helping people live and work more creatively and compassionately”
- 1Password: the first contest winner, this premier password and identity manager runs on millions of desktops and mobile devices worldwide. Since its inception in 2009, 1Password has kept people’s digital lives secure and always available, safe behind one unique password. 1Password is integrated into web browsers so users can create passwords, fill in credit cards and sign in to online accounts with a single click.
- FrameForge: an Emmy Award-winning storyboard software that allows users to create storyboards in an optically accurate Virtual Film Studio where they can explore shots and identify and avoid potential production problems, saving time, lowering production costs and enhancing creativity.
- EarMaster: an iPad app for musical training that provides intuitive sight singing, sight reading, rhythm training, music theory and ear training exercises for musicians. With almost 3,000 lessons created by music teachers for beginners to professional musicians playing any instrument, EarMaster is a comprehensive, consumer-grade app with extraordinary functionality that uses a variety of different technologies.
- Expresii: a revolutionary Windows paint app powered by real-time physics simulation to give the best experience in digital brush and ink painting using Computational Fluid Dynamics. Coupled with an expressive deformable virtual brush, Expresii provides the ultimate brush and ink simulation.
- HOP: developed by middle school students as part the ProjectCSGIRLS program, this app allows obese children to “share calories” with hungry children by donating on their behalf to UNICEF to celebrate burned calories that result in each pound of weight loss. The app helps overweight children set goals, track physical activity, create diet plans and record weight over time, while motivating them to contribute to a greater cause.
“When we first launched our Cool App contest, we knew there would be some stiff competition. The winners represent some truly amazing innovations that are helping people live and work more creatively and compassionately,” said Jim McKeeth, lead developer evangelist and engineer at Embarcadero. “I want to congratulate all these great developers for their innovative use of Embarcadero tools. If this year is any indication, I truly can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2017.”
Embarcadero has an impressive collection of apps as contenders for future cool app winners, but the company is always looking for more. Enter today and you could win the opportunity to be highlighted in a future newsletter, blog post and press release, in addition to receiving a $500 Amazon (or equivalent) gift card.
Embarcadero tools are the fastest way to develop cutting-edge applications. Our customers choose Embarcadero because of our developer-centric focus, and our tools that help them build more secure, scalable enterprise applications than any others on the market. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero’s award-winning products. To learn more, visit www.embarcadero.com.