MIAMI--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--beIN SPORTS today announced recent ratings following the highly anticipated El Clásico matchup between LaLiga archrivals, FC Barcelona and Real Madrid, which aired on December 3rd live from the Camp Nou stadium in Barcelona, Spain. The match was the number one program of the day on Spanish-language cable, driving beIN SPORTS en Español to be the number one Spanish-language cable network for Saturday, December 3rd.
Due to successful World Cup Qualifier programming, beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español grew 27 percent and 14 percent respectively in November, both posting their best month since April.
- The broadcast of El Clásico averaged 1.45 million total viewers across both networks, reaching 927,000 total viewers on beIN SPORTS en Español and 527,000 total viewers on beIN SPORTS.
- beIN SPORTS en Español’s broadcast of the Argentina vs. Colombia World Cup Qualifier match drew 639,000 total viewers, making it the most watched World Cup Qualifier match on the network to date.
- beIN SPORTS’s broadcast of the Costa Rica vs. United States World Cup Qualifier match attracted 243,000 total viewers, making it the most watched World Cup Qualifier match on the network to date.
- For beIN SPORTS, Round 5 of World Cup Qualifiers increased the Total Day viewership average by more than 100 percent in total viewers and in Adults 18-49 years old.
- El Clásico out-delivered the December 3rd Liga MX match on Univision Deportes, which delivered 769,000 total viewers while airing in primetime.
Source: Nielsen NHI & NHIH, El Clásico, 12/3/16, ranker based on Spanish language cable origination networks. WCQ 11/10-11/16/16. Monthly growth; November 2016 vs. October 2016 Total Day, 6a-6a. Total Day average, prior 4 weeks 10/17-11/9/16.
For more information, visit www.beINSPORTS.com. Follow us on Social Media:
About beIN SPORTS USA
Launched in 2012, beIN SPORTS is the fastest growing global sports network in the U.S. and is offered on the 10 largest cable/satellite TV providers in the U.S., as well as other systems across the country. beIN SPORTS offers viewers premium sports content and entertainment across multiple platforms including TV channels beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español and live streaming on beIN SPORTS CONNECT. A cornerstone of beIN SPORTS is its unrivaled live soccer coverage, which includes live matches from LaLiga, Serie A, Ligue 1, NASL, and CONMEBOL/CONCACAF/CAF World Cup Qualifiers, as well as news and in-depth analysis of all the top leagues from around the world. In addition to soccer, beIN SPORTS serves as a haven to fans of motorsports, tennis, rugby, boxing, mixed martial arts (MMA) and volleyball, among others. With the recent addition of Conference USA coverage, beIN SPORTS will also broadcast College Football, Men’s and Women’s Basketball and Soccer, Baseball, Softball and Volleyball. Thru beIN SPORTS CONNECT, authenticated subscribers can also enjoy all the exciting action from the two networks and stream live overflow matches offered in HD on your computer, tablet or smart phone.