EL SEGUNDO, Calif. & CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc., a global leader in minimally invasive endoscopy, advanced imaging solutions, and integrated operating rooms and LiveData, Inc., a leader in real-time data integration and display technology, have announced the renewal of their marketing and distribution agreement. Under terms of the agreement, KARL STORZ will integrate its OR1® systems with LiveData PeriOp Manager to deliver a comprehensive perioperative solution enabling surgical teams to improve communication, patient safety, and operational efficiency.
“LiveData is committed to partnering with KARL STORZ to deliver leading-edge solutions that improve surgical outcomes”
KARL STORZ OR1® operating rooms combine digital technologies that provide intuitive centralized control of systems and equipment within the OR. Innovative digital control systems seamlessly integrate an array of key devices and environmental components. OR1® systems form the audio and video control backbone as well as the communication and documentation bridge for all video flow into and out of the OR. Building on over 16 years of proven medical integration design, each room offers future-proof infrastructures and a user-friendly design to optimize workflow.
“We are pleased to extend our partnership with LiveData,” said Connie Padden, Director of OR1® Technology Integration at KARL STORZ. “Hospitals using our combined technologies ensure that surgical teams have the right information at the right time to improve communications, streamline operations, and enhance patient safety and quality of care.”
As an integrated solution, OR1® and PeriOp Manager combine real-time clinical data from nursing, surgery, and anesthesia systems with surgical video, PACS images, and lab reports. Images and data are displayed side by side on large wall-mounted monitors providing every member of the OR team with clear and immediate access to critical information about the patient, procedure, and equipment.
“LiveData is committed to partnering with KARL STORZ to deliver leading-edge solutions that improve surgical outcomes,” said Matt Churchill, Vice President of Healthcare Sales at LiveData. “Over the years, our joint solutions have been successfully deployed in a wide array of healthcare facilities. It is an honor to continue this relationship with KARL STORZ, and we look forward to many more years of fruitful collaboration.”
LiveData PeriOp Manager integrates real-time data with workflow automation to coordinate and manage patient care from preoperative assessments through surgery to discharge. LiveData PeriOp Manager includes:
- PeriOp Planner: a scheduling workflow solution that visually coordinates the patient’s steps from referral through preparation to scheduling
- Patient Flow: a patient check-in process integrated into perioperative workflow tracking
- Family Waiting Board: a display designed for public areas to enable families to track the progress of their loved ones as they move through the surgical process
- PreOp Board: a single, dynamic, operational view of patient status and perioperative case workflow that confirms the necessary prerequisites for surgery are completed in time to ensure on-time starts and reduce unnecessary rescheduling or cancellations
- OR-Dashboard: a display of patient information, visible to the entire surgical team, integrating data from hospital medical records and physiological devices with automated surgical workflow and patient safety information, including Active Time Out, a real-time, interactive surgical safety checklist
- OR-Schedule Board: a real-time view of the day’s surgical cases, enabling scheduled procedures to be adjusted as the day unfolds to reduce unnecessary cancellations, staff overtime, and to improve overall patient throughput
- PACU Board: a dynamic checklist with a single real-time operational view of patient status and post-anesthesia case workflow
- PeriOp Manager Analytics: comprehensive big data analysis that transforms real-time operational data into actionable quality, compliance, and efficiency intelligence
About KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. is an affiliate of KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG, an international leader for more than 70 years in reusable endoscope technology, encompassing all endoscopic specialties. Based in Tuttlingen, Germany, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG is a family-owned company that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness. For more information, call (800) 421-0837 or visit the company's Web site at www.karlstorz.com.
LiveData, Inc. is a leading innovator in real-time operational intelligence solutions that enable caregivers to plan, visualize, and analyze the patient’s surgical journey. Leading medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, and Veterans Health Administration facilities have selected LiveData solutions to improve patient safety, team communication, and perioperative efficiency. LiveData is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.livedata.com.
LiveData and Active Time Out are registered trademarks of LiveData, Inc. LiveData PeriOp Manager, PeriOp Planner, Surgery Planner, Service Block Planner, Patient Flow, Family Waiting Board, PreOp Board, OR-Dashboard, OR-Schedule Board, PACU Board, PeriOp Manager Analytics, and LiveData Real-Time Integration are trademarks of LiveData, Inc. OR1 is a registered trademark of KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc.