DENVER--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--The Public Relations Society of America Colorado Chapter (PRSA Colorado) today announced its 2017 Board of Directors led by incoming president Renee Robinson. New board members were elected by the membership at its annual meeting held Nov. 16, 2016, and begin their terms Jan. 1.
“PRSA Colorado is committed to helping PR professionals at every stage of their careers to adapt, grow and thrive in this exhilarating, yet ever-changing environment. I am excited to work together with our talented 2017 board and committees to achieve this vision.”
"Public relations is rapidly evolving and increasingly important to organizations operating in today's competitive marketplace," Robinson said. "PRSA Colorado is committed to helping PR professionals at every stage of their careers to adapt, grow and thrive in this exhilarating, yet ever-changing environment. I am excited to work together with our talented 2017 board and committees to achieve this vision."
Robinson has extensive experience in strategic planning, all aspects of public relations, digital communications, branding, advertising, trade show planning and project management. Over the past 10 years, she had held various leadership roles within the Greater Kansas City and Colorado PRSA chapters; was previously the Midwest District Chair; and at the national level, is currently a member of Corporate Communications Section Executive committee.
The full 2017 board:
- President: Renee Robinson, APR, director, corporate communications, Ball Corporation
- Past-President: Nicole Yost, founder and president, Fyn Public Relations
- President-Elect: Amy Sperber, APR, director/employee communications, Charles Schwab
- Treasurer: Jerry Brown, APR, independent practitioner
- Secretary: Suzanne Trantow, corporate communications consultant, Aguilar PR
- Teresa Dougherty, APR, strategic communications consultant, Ledermark Communications
- Elisabeth Monaghan, APR, consultant, Monaghan Communications
- Diane Mulligan, APR, president & CEO, M&C Communications
- Stacey Sepp, APR, founder and principal, Xstatic Public Relations
- Elise Bishop, communications specialist, The WhiteWave Foods Company
- Bill Doughty, APR, principal/consultant, Engaging Communications
- Michelle Ellis, partner, Orapin Marketing + Public Relations
- Kelly Janhunen, senior account director & partner, Linhart Public Relations
- Quinn Kelsey, account supervisor, Olson Engage
- Jessica Sidener, director of communications/programs/partnerships, Arapahoe Library District
For more information about PRSA Colorado or to learn about upcoming programs, visit www.prsacolorado.org.
About PRSA Colorado
The Public Relations Society of America (www.prsa.org) is the nation’s largest association for the professional practice of public relations. The Colorado Chapter (www.prsacolorado.org), headquartered in Westminster, is consistently one of the largest chapters in the country. The chapter provides timely and profession-specific educational programs, information and networking opportunities to all of its members, which include professionals at all levels working at corporations; local, state and national public relations agencies and government offices; universities; nonprofits; and independent PR practitioners.