DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Established in 1981 with only two associates, World Omni Financial Corp. was the first captive auto finance company for an import carmaker in the U.S.
“World Omni is now more focused and more disciplined than ever. Being aligned with an amazing company like Toyota has certainly contributed to our success, but we cannot overstate the benefit of our dedicated and hard-working associates, some of whom have been here since the beginning.”
Launched to support Toyota dealers in the southeast, World Omni’s growth accelerated when it began operating as Southeast Toyota Finance. More than 1,000 associates and 3 million contracts later, World Omni recently celebrated 35 years of continued growth in an ever-changing and competitive industry.
“We reflect on where World Omni began, as the very first captive finance company for an import vehicle, and remember the many milestones we have celebrated along the way,” said Dan Chait, president, World Omni Financial Corp. “World Omni is now more focused and more disciplined than ever. Being aligned with an amazing company like Toyota has certainly contributed to our success, but we cannot overstate the benefit of our dedicated and hard-working associates, some of whom have been here since the beginning.”
After World Omni funded its first contract, it would take 20 years to fund 1 million contracts. It would take eight more years to fund 2 million contracts and then only five years to reach 3 million contracts, which was just accomplished during 2016.
Additional World Omni Milestones
- World Omni completed its first vehicle lease contract with Toyota of Hollywood during 1983.
- World Omni Commercial Fleet Department was established during 1986 to finance and lease automobiles and equipment for fleet operators.
- World Omni’s Customer Service Center in Mobile, Ala. opened with 72 associates on July 18, 1991.
- During 1998, World Omni opened its National Customer Service Center in St. Louis, Mo. to service accounts for third-party clients.
- CenterOne Financial Services, a new division of World Omni Financial Corp., was formed during 2000 to accelerate the growth of third-party servicing, focusing on prime-consumer loans and leases, as well as commercial dealer loans.
- DataScan Technologies, an industry leading provider of wholesale loan accounting and floorplan audit solutions, was fully acquired during 2003, the same year World Omni funded its 1 millionth contract.
- World Omni/CenterOne became the first automotive loan and lease servicer to be awarded a STRONG servicer rating by Standard & Poor’s during 2004.
- World Omni funded its 2 millionth contract during 2011.
- DataScan acquired Launch Technologies and Field-Logic during 2013.
To commemorate the milestone anniversary, World Omni distributed a total of $45,500 in donations to local organizations that provide services to veterans.
A check on behalf of World Omni’s headquarters was presented to MISSION UNITED in South Florida, which supports military veterans and their families as they re-acclimate to civilian life. In Mobile, Ala. a donation was made to Eagle’s Landing, a transitional housing community for homeless veterans which is supported by Volunteers of America Southeast. The St. Louis, Mo. location supported The Mission Continues, a nonprofit dedicated to bringing together veterans and innovative community organizations to create transformational change for communities in need all across the country. Vets Connect, a United Way program which helps homeless veterans get back on their feet, is the beneficiary of funds in Alpharetta, Ga.
CLICK HERE to download photos from the anniversary celebration at World Omni’s headquarters in Deerfield Beach
About World Omni Financial Corp.
World Omni Financial Corp., headquartered in Deerfield Beach, Fla., provides financial products and services to consumers, automotive dealers and lenders. The company is currently assigned a long-term issuer rating of BBB+ and a short-term rating of A-2 by S&P. Its primary businesses include Southeast Toyota Finance, offering automotive financial products to Toyota dealerships supplied by Southeast Toyota Distributors; CenterOne Financial Services, a provider of portfolio services designed to improve the performance of client portfolios; and DataScan, an industry leading provider of wholesale loan accounting and floorplan audit solutions. World Omni is a subsidiary of JM Family Enterprises, Inc., a diversified automotive corporation ranked No. 21 on Forbes’ list of “America’s Largest Private Companies.” JM Family is also ranked No. 66 by FORTUNE® as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®, its 18th consecutive year on the list.