REDMOND, Wash.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo on iOS
- Super Mario Run – The first-ever mobile game featuring the most iconic video game hero of all time will be available later today to download on Apple’s App Store and is available for iPhone and iPad. Super Mario Run is the first Super Mario Bros. game developed specifically for mobile devices and is playable with just one hand.
Wii Retail on Wii U
- Excitebots: Trick Racing – Trick Racing gets redefined! Pilot your Robotic insect or animal racer around the tracks at high speeds while performing stunts in this Wii game. Fly off of massive jumps, crash through bowling pins, spin around high wires or assemble a poker hand in the craziest races ever.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
My Nintendo Celebrates Mario – To commemorate the launch of the Super
Mario Run game, My Nintendo is excited to offer discount rewards
for digital versions of the following Mario games:
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Wii U)
- Mario Tennis (Wii U)
- NES Open Tournament Golf (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS)
- Wrecking Crew (Wii U)
To redeem points for discounts on these games, visit my.nintendo.com.
Also new this week:
- Breakout Defense (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Scribble (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- SDK Spriter (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- PICROSS e7 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Mercenaries Saga 3 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console, the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi™ Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™. Click here for details about the recent Nintendo DSi Shop service change.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.