VALLEY STREAM, N.Y.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--24 Hour Fitness has built a new club in the newly developed Green Acre Commons at Green Acre Mall, in a new section resulting from plans for $80 million in mall renovations. Boasting a robust retail, food and entertainment lineup, the new club brings a much-desired fitness lifestyle component to the shopping complex and surrounding area.
“The growing Green Acres Mall is on its way to becoming the community’s premier shopping destination and with the addition of a new club, we are thrilled to take the guest experience to the next level with a convenient extension for fitness”
A grand opening event is scheduled Saturday, December 17, 2016, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., 24 Hour Fitness Valley Stream club, 750 West Sunrise Highway, 100 Green Acres Commons, Valley Stream. The community is invited to this free celebration, which includes club tours, prize drawings, group training demonstrations, innovative group exercise studio classes and more.
“The growing Green Acres Mall is on its way to becoming the community’s premier shopping destination and with the addition of a new club, we are thrilled to take the guest experience to the next level with a convenient extension for fitness,” said Caitlin Kammerer, General Manager. “The club is just one part of leading a healthy lifestyle. Our talented fitness professionals provide the inspiration and tools that will help members achieve their fitness goals both inside and outside of our club.”
The new, two-level 40,622 square foot club features a modern design and open floor plan. Amenities include:
- Cardio, strength and functional training equipment
- Large rooms for a full schedule of Cycle and Group X® classes, including new formats such as POP Pilates, Treat While You Train™ and Zumba®
- Virtual classes: Members can take Cycle and Group X® classes on their own convenient schedule, when the studios aren’t in use. It’s as easy as making a selection of virtual class format options, pressing a button, and GO!
- Turf Zone: One of the newest additions to the club designed both for athletes and non-athletes alike. The area includes specialized fitness equipment that take your workouts to the next level
- TRX Suspension Training: Normally only found at specialty fitness centers, incorporates the use of a system of straps that allows members to work against their own body weight to develop balance, flexibility and core stability
- Full-sized basketball court
- Free WiFi
- Lap pool, spa and sauna
- Personal and Group training services*
- Kids’ Club*
*Additional fees apply
About 24 Hour Fitness
Headquartered in San Ramon, Calif., 24 Hour Fitness is a leading health club industry pioneer, serving nearly 4 million members in over 400 clubs across the U.S. For more than 30 years, the company has been dedicated to helping members change their lives and reach their individual fitness goals. With convenient club locations, personal training services, popular group exercise classes and a variety of strength, cardio and functional training equipment, 24 Hour Fitness offers fitness solutions for everyone.
Please visit 24hourfitness.com for more information and to find the club nearest you.