TOKYO--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--SB Cloud Corporation (“SB Cloud”), a joint venture between SoftBank Corp. (“SoftBank”), the Japan-based telecom subsidiary of SoftBank Group Corp. (TOKYO: 9984), and Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE: BABA) (“Alibaba Group”), announced it will offer packaged Alibaba Cloud services for the Japanese market starting December 15. Alibaba Cloud, the cloud computing arm of Alibaba Group, has the largest share of the Chinese market with its services.
Alibaba Cloud services provide the critical infrastructure that supports the Alibaba Group’s e-commerce sites, which recently processed a maximum 175,000 orders per second during this year’s Singles’ Day, a large-scale sale that takes place in China on November 11. With Alibaba Cloud, customers can use Alibaba Group hosted data centers in China, the United States, Hong Kong, Singapore and other locations in addition to those hosted by SB Cloud in Japan. Since data centers around the world can be used with a single account, Japanese and multinational companies, as well as offshore companies providing services for the Japanese market, can use cloud services conveniently. Also, since SB Cloud offers its services in a Japanese yen denominated basis, Japanese client companies can process expenses with ease.
Customers interested in SB Cloud’s services can apply via the SB Cloud website (in Japanese).
About SB Cloud service
- Virtual server services are offered in a basic package at an affordable price of 1,200 yen per month (not including tax). Customers can choose a package based on their disk space and data traffic needs. Set up can be done on just one screen of a dedicated website without submitting disk space and other details.
- After setting up the virtual server service, customers can get started right away since the service boots in 60 seconds at the fastest.
- Since the total cost of the service is always displayed on the set up screen, the risk of accidentally applying for a high cost service can be avoided.
- The basic security service, Anti-DDoS, is included in the package so customers can use the service with peace of mind. In addition, a security service researched and developed in China is also available as an optional service.
- As the service is denominated in Japanese yen, Japanese client companies can process expenses with greater ease.
December 15, 2016
About SB Cloud Corporation
Established in 2016 as a joint venture between SoftBank Corp., the Japan-based telecom subsidiary of SoftBank Group Corp. (TOKYO: 9984), and Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE: BABA), SB Cloud Corporation offers cloud computing services in Japan that utilize technologies and solutions from Alibaba Cloud, the cloud computing arm of Alibaba Group. SB Cloud offers services to meet the needs of a wide range of customers—from venture companies to multinationals—in the Japanese market, which is seeing rapidly growing demand for public cloud services. SB Cloud’s offerings include elastic computing services, data storage services, server load balancers, relational database services and security services.
- SoftBank, the SoftBank name and logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SoftBank Group Corp. in Japan and other countries.
- Other company, product and service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective holders.