ARLINGTON, Va.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Air ticket purchases made through U.S. travel agencies for flights to top ski destinations* in the U.S. and Canada is on the rise according to a new study by Airlines Reporting Corp. (ARC), the premier driver of air travel intelligence in the travel industry. ARC reported that overall ticket purchases for November 2016 through March 2017 is up nearly nine percent versus the same period in 2015-2016. The analysis was produced using ARC's Global Agency Pro—an online business intelligence tool that tracks worldwide travel agency air ticket sales.
Travel booked through U.S. travel agents to smaller airports—those with less than 20,000 passengers per month—has grown more than six percent compared to 2015 and 5.8 percent for just December 2016. Travel to ski destinations in December 2016 alone has grown nearly 10 percent. Air travel booked to the smaller airports near ski destinations for December alone has also increased by 5.8 percent.
While more people are poised to travel to ski destinations in the U.S., Canadian ski destinations like Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, and those in Vancouver, B.C. and Calgary, B.C., will see growth of about 10 percent this ski season.
The top 15 ski destinations based on December growth include:
- Gunnison, Colo. (21.6 percent)
- Hailey-Sun Valley, Idaho (17 percent)
- Vancouver, B.C. (12.3 percent)
- Jackson Hole, Wyo. (12.1 percent)
- Denver, Colo. (11.6 percent)
- Salt Lake City, Utah (10 percent)
- Vail/Eagle, Colo. (9.4 percent)
- Burlington, Vt. (8 percent)
- Montrose, Colo. (7.7 percent)
- Aspen, Colo. (7.6 percent)
The Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC) is the premier driver of air travel intelligence and commerce in the travel industry with leading business solutions, travel agency accreditation services, process and financial management tools and high-quality data. In 2015, ARC settled $88.3 billion worth of carrier ticket transactions for more than 9,400 travel agencies with 13,000 points of sale. Established in 1984, ARC is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, with offices in Louisville, Kentucky, Tampa, Florida and San Juan, Puerto Rico. For more information, please visit www.arccorp.com and www.twitter.com/ARCtalk.
Notes for Editors:
- Results are based on air tickets purchased from U.S. travel agents only through November 30, 2016.
- Travel includes November 1, 2016–March 31, 2017.
- Destinations include those reported as top destinations by Condé-Nast, U.S. News and World Report and TripAdvisor.
©2016 Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC). All rights reserved.