TORRANCE, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Pioneer DJ now allows Serato DJ compatibility with the DVS feature of our flagship DJM-900NXS2 mixer and the USB-HID control feature of our CDJ-2000NXS2 multiplayer. This comes under the Pioneer DJ Certification Program, an initiative to evaluate products from other companies and certify them compatible with our DJ gear, this ensures you can use these two features together with confidence.
Simply connect the DJM-900NXS2 to your PC/Mac and you can instantly use Serato DJ’s hands-on NoiseMap™ feature to control digital audio files on your computer using turntables (with the Serato DJ control vinyl) or via the jog wheels on multiplayers (using Serato control CDs). Set changeovers are easy thanks to the mixer’s two built-in sound cards.
You can use the CDJ-2000NXS2 to intuitively control Serato DJ, including scratching and tempo adjustment, without needing a control CD. The deck also displays track titles, artwork, waveform and other information from the software so you can quickly select your next track without looking at your computer.
- Buy or update to the latest version of Serato DJ (version 1.9.5, available December 14 NZST) to use USB-HID control with the CDJ-2000NXS2.
- Buy or update to the latest version of Serato DJ (version 1.9.5, available December 14 NZST) and the Serato DJ DVS Expansion Pack to use the DVS feature with the DJM-900NXS2.
If you buy the Serato DJ Club Kit, it includes both Serato DJ and Serato DVS Expansion Pack licences.
You’ll also need to update your firmware for the CDJ-2000NXS2 and for the DJM-900NXS2 to the latest version if you haven’t already.
KEY FEATURES OF USING THE DJM-900NXS2 WITH SERATO DJ
1. Intuitive DVS and scratch control
Plug your PC/Mac into the DJM-900NXS2 and use the Serato DJ control media (control vinyl or CDs) to intuitively control and scratch with digital audio files stored on your computer. If you’re using a CDJ-2000NXS2, you do not need a control CD.
2. Seamless DJ changeovers
Taking over from the DJ before you and handing over to someone else at the end of your set is seamless thanks to the DJM-900NXS2’s dual built-in sound cards. Two top-loaded USB ports and input selector switches let you and another DJ connect your computers to the mixer at the same time so there’s no complicated changeover process, even if you’re using different kinds of performance software – for example rekordbox dj, Serato DJ or TRAKTOR PRO 2.
3. Use the DJM-900NXS2 as an audio output device for Serato DJ
Thanks to the DJM-900NXS2’s built-in sound cards, you can output audio signals from Serato DJ without needing an external audio interface. The USB sound cards enable 96 kHz/24-bit high-quality sample processing and you can input/output each audio signal and maintain sound quality just by connecting the mixer to your PC/Mac. Use the settings on your computer to configure the audio routing from the mixer to your preferred mode, such as DJ performance, track recording or track creation.
KEY FEATURES OF USING THE CDJ-2000NXS2 WITH SERATO DJ
1. Intuitive control
Simply plug your PC/Mac into the CDJ-2000NXS2 and control Serato DJ without the need for a control CD. Intuitively scratch and use performance features including loops, tempo adjustment, and play/cue, which are all linked to the software.
2. Track information on CDJ-2000NXS2’s screen
- Text information: View text information on the CDJ-2000NXS2 display and select tracks easily from your Serato DJ library using the deck’s rotary selector.
- Artwork image: View artwork images to reference tracks by album covers as well as their titles.
- Waveform display: Instantly view detailed cue points, loops and playhead information in familiar Serato DJ colors on the high-resolution overall waveform display, which gives you a visual grasp of the track’s composition.
* rekordboxTM is a registered trademark of Pioneer DJ
* Serato DJ is a registered trademark of Serato Audio Research Ltd. Other products, technology and company names, etc. mentioned herein are the trade names or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
* Mac and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.
* Other stated company names, product names, technology names, etc. are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
About Pioneer DJ
Pioneer DJ Americas, Inc. is the subsidiary of Pioneer DJ Corporation responsible for sales and marketing in North, Central, and South America. For more than 20 years, Pioneer DJ has been a market leader in the design and production of innovative DJ equipment and software. The company works closely with DJs and clubs to deliver next generation products that inspire and shape the global dance music community. Its portfolio includes brands such as Pioneer Professional Audio and Pioneer DJ Radio, rekordbox dj software, as well as social platforms KUVO and DJsounds. Pioneer DJ Corporation is a privately held company headquartered in Yokohama, Japan.
Follow us on: