LONDON--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, today announced that the company has jumped up five places in the prestigious Chartis RiskTech100® rankings to secure a spot in the top ten.
“IHS Markit’s inclusion in the top ten of the RiskTech100 reflects the company’s continued investment in risk management solutions and, in particular, the breadth and depth of functionality offered”
The annual RiskTech100 is one of the most comprehensive independent studies of the world’s major players in risk and compliance technology. Entrants are judged on six equally weighted categories: functionality, core technology, strategy, customer satisfaction, market presence and innovation. IHS Markit’s ranking in ninth position highlights its strong capabilities in the risk management sector.
“IHS Markit’s inclusion in the top ten of the RiskTech100 reflects the company’s continued investment in risk management solutions and, in particular, the breadth and depth of functionality offered,” said Peyman Mestchian, managing partner at Chartis Research. “The market has shifted from knee-jerk investments in point solutions to ‘smarter’ investments which aim to optimise and simplify risk technology systems and processes. IHS Markit is well placed to compete in this new marketplace.”
“As risk management continues to be a top priority for firms around the world, we’ve brought new risk and compliance offerings to market in the past 12 months,” said Michele Trogni, executive vice president, Consolidated Markets and Solutions at IHS Markit. “These include our Markit FRTB Solution which helps banks better manage the capital impact of this new regulation, and KY3P, our third party risk management service which already has over 60 customers. As firms increasingly look to make smart IT investments, we are committed to offering cloud-based solutions that easily integrate with customers’ existing technology environments.”
IHS Markit’s risk and compliance technology solutions include:
- Markit Analytics: delivers information-centric capital markets and risk solutions for trading desks and middle office functions of financial institutions supporting both risk regulatory compliance as well as intra-day stress testing and what-if analyses. Also includes a dedicated FRTB Solution
- Kyc.com: a joint venture with Genpact and Markit which standardises Know Your Customer (KYC) processes and centralises operations around client onboarding and account management. It connects due diligence data to address KYC, financial regulation, tax and counterparty requirements
- KY3P: is the first centralised, cloud based data hub to efficiently manage third parties and suppliers, focusing on due diligence and ongoing monitoring
- Markit EDM: a data management platform that acquires, validates and distributes any type of data creating a single version of the truth
- Economics and Country Risk: helps organisations identify new trends, size growth opportunities, monitor risk and opportunity ratio, conduct market assessments, plan for alternate scenarios and secure business continuity. It enables clients to better allocate resources, capitalise on change and build an integrated, enterprise wide approach to risk.
For further information on the Chartis RiskTech100 rankings, please click here.
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 85 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2016 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.
Chartis is the leading provider of research and analysis on the global market for risk technology and is part of Incisive Media which has market leading brands such as Risk and Waters Technology. Chartis' goal is to support enterprises as they drive business performance through better risk management, corporate governance and compliance and to help clients make informed technology and business decisions by providing in-depth analysis and actionable advice on virtually all aspects of risk technology.
RiskTech Quadrant®, RiskTech100® and FinTech QuadrantTM are registered trademarks of Chartis Research (http://www.chartis-research.com).