NEW YORK--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Starting today, Chase customers can use the Chase Pay® app to order ahead and pay at participating quick-service restaurants.
“Partnering with Seth Priebatsch and the LevelUp team is all about delivering convenience to Chase customers beyond payment”
Chase is collaborating with Boston-based tech company LevelUp to use its technology so Chase Pay users can order ahead and save time. Customers can pay when they order ahead or in person at LevelUp or Chase Pay branded scanners at the counter. In addition, customers will have access to special offers available through the app.
The new feature is available now with participating quick-service restaurants in Boston and will be phased into the Chase Pay experience nationally over the coming months. The full list of participating restaurants is available within the Chase Pay app.
“LevelUp is thrilled to be working with Chase to help their customers order ahead and pay at thousands of popular restaurants,” said Seth Priebatsch, CEO and founder of LevelUp. “With Chase Pay, customers will be able to skip the line at their favorite spots and unlock savings at the same time. By seamlessly blending the value propositions of saving time and saving money, Chase Pay is making mobile payments relevant to customers.”
- Order ahead and pay for food from thousands of restaurants through the Chase Pay app from iPhones or Android™ mobile phones.
- Access special offers that are automatically applied at checkout.
- Reorder favorites with a single tap.
- Search for nearby quick-service restaurants where Chase Pay can be used to order ahead and pay or pay at the register.
- Increase average ticket sizes, visit frequency and throughput at peak periods along with greater customer loyalty and improved customer experience.
- Integrate loyalty and reward programs seamlessly within the app, which means fewer punch cards or paper coupons to manage.
“Partnering with Seth Priebatsch and the LevelUp team is all about delivering convenience to Chase customers beyond payment,” said Jennifer Roberts, president of Strategic Alliances and Loyalty Solutions for Chase. “And this exciting adventure is just beginning as we save customers time and money.”
The Chase Pay app is available on the App Store and Google PlayTM. More information can be found at ChasePay.com.
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,300 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.