JACKSONVILLE, Fla.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Today, Southeastern Grocers, parent company of BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie stores, unveiled five new Fresco y Más stores throughout Miami-Dade and Palm Beach County during a simultaneous ribbon-cutting ceremony at each location at 10 a.m.
“The overwhelming positive response we received from our first Fresco y Más store in Hialeah gave us the motivation to open additional Fresco y Más stores to bring more savings to more communities.”
By listening to customers throughout their communities, the company has tailored each new Fresco y Más to provide an authentic Hispanic grocery store, with expanded product assortments, better value and a cleaner, more enjoyable shopping experience.
Ian McLeod, President and CEO of Southeastern Grocers said, “The overwhelming positive response we received from our first Fresco y Más store in Hialeah gave us the motivation to open additional Fresco y Más stores to bring more savings to more communities.”
“We have been listening to our Fresco y Más customers in Hialeah and have tailored additional stores to reflect our customer’s personality, while providing great value, great prices and great service.”
“Each Fresco y Más store features a wider array of Hispanic items our customers told us is important to them - an expanded product assortment, great low prices and new features, including a full-service Latin Butcher shop and new Cocina,” continued Ian McLeod.
These stores are focused on delivering lower, everyday pricing as well as exciting special promotions on the items customers buy most, from fresh produce and high quality meats, to expanded local Hispanic products and new store features, allowing families to enjoy authentic, quality food for less on more than 3,000 products throughout the store.
Some items with prices “Low and Staying Low” for at least 6 months include:
- Mounsier Mango Nectar – 8.4 oz – was $0.99, now $0.60 (over 39% savings)
- El Sembrador Frozen Yuca – 4 lb – was $5.50, now $3.75 (over 31% savings)
- Chorizo Quijote – 5.5 oz – was $4.19, now $3.00 (over 28% savings)
- Café Domino Espresso – 10 oz – was $2.09, now $1.75 (over 16% savings)
Other specially priced items for the grand opening include:
- Free Café Bustelo Coffee – 10oz- for the first 500 customers
- Whole Top Round - $1.78 per lb, if you spend more than $30
- Chicken Thighs or Drumsticks Value Pack - $0.38 per lb
Shoppers will immediately notice the enhancements throughout the new Fresco y Más stores, including:
- An all-new, full-service Latin butcher shop (Carniceria) offering an expanded selection of fresh, custom cut meats to better serve our customers.
- Refreshed produce department featuring a farmer’s market setting with a wider selection of tropical fruits.
- A new “Cocina” (kitchen) offering daily specials of freshly prepared family favorites made from scratch.
- New Dollar Zone within the store, where customers can get over 600 everyday essentials for just $1, from grocery and cleaning to health and beauty.
- Renovated bakery department offering an expanded selection of Hispanic pastries and local baked goods, including flan, tres leches, croquettes, and custom tres leches cakes, made fresh daily, as well as a wider selection of local favorites.
- An all-new café with expanded seating area serving authentic Hispanic breakfast, pastries, drinks and hot and cold sandwiches.
- An additional Wall of Value section featuring weekly specials on popular items customers purchase most.
- More than 500 new Hispanic items available across several departments.
- A new custom façade and vibrant yellow colors with bi-lingual signage throughout the store.
The first Fresco y Más store concept was launched in Hialeah, FL in June 2016. Fresco y Más now includes six locations throughout South Florida, including:
- 948 SW 67th Ave., Miami, FL 33144
- 5850 NW 183rd St., Miami Gardens, FL 33015
- 14555 SW 42nd St., Miami, FL 33175
- 15050 SW 72nd St., Miami, FL 33193
- 541 W. 49th St., Hialeah, FL 33021 (opened in June, 2016)
- 2675 S. Military Trail, West Palm Beach, FL 33415
About Southeastern Grocers
Southeastern Grocers, LLC, parent company and home of BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, is the second-largest supermarket in the Southeast based on store count. The company employs nearly 60,000 associates who serve customers in grocery stores, liquor stores and in-store pharmacies throughout the seven southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina. BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie are well-known and well-respected regional brands with deep heritages, strong neighborhood ties, proud histories of giving back, talented and loyal associates, and strong commitments to providing the best possible quality and value to customers. For more information, visit www.bi-lo.com, www.frescoymas.com, www.harveyssupermarkets.com and www.winndixie.com.