ANAHEIM, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--ZYXEL Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, today announced the launch of the industry’s first MU-MIMO ready wireless extender, the WRE6606 AC1300 MU-MIMO Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender.
“Network-connected devices such as doorbells, security cameras, and home automation systems are enhancing the security, energy efficiency, and convenience in the home”
The WRE6606, which delivers speeds up to 400 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbps at 5 GHz, is designed to provide the high speeds and reliable connectivity required to maximize the performance of network-connected devices such as security cameras and home automation systems. The compact, attractive WRE6606 integrates quickly and easily into an existing home network infrastructure to eliminate dead zones and expand the wireless signal coverage of an existing wireless router or access point.
Benefits of the WRE6606 Wireless Range Extender:
- Powerful Wireless 2x2 AC MU-MIMO Technology – AC1300 MU-MIMO technology delivers the best possible Wi-Fi performance ensuring fast, reliable wireless connectivity with mobile, Smart Home, and IoT devices even when multiple devices are connected simultaneously to the WRE6606.
- Three Operation Modes for Every Connectivity Scenario – Easily add wireless connectivity to a wired router by connecting the WRE6606 to the router in Access Point Mode. Use Extender Mode to extend network coverage throughout the home and eliminate WiFi dead zones. Connect the WRE6606 to a wired Ethernet device in Client Mode to add high-speed MU-MIMO capability.
- Multiple Boost Modes Enhance the Wireless Experience – Range Boost mode provides maximum wireless coverage, Speed Boost kicks the WRE6606 into overdrive for extreme wireless performance for online games and media streaming, and Normal mode offers the best of both worlds with optimal range and speed for typical network applications.
- Power Options for Maximum Portability – The WRE6606 includes a micro USB port to enable it to be powered by a portable power bank in areas where a power outlet is not available. This provides users with a truly mobile solution for extending Wi-Fi coverage to the backyard or providing wireless network service for outdoor events.
- Highly-Visible Wireless Signal Indicators – Colored LED indicators make it easy to maximize the connection with the existing wireless network to ensure the WRE6606 is providing the best possible performance.
- Simple to Set Up and Use – When used with an existing Zyxel ONE Connect-ready router, the router’s wireless settings can be quickly copied to the WRE6606 using the Zyxel ONE Connect app for fast set-up and seamless roaming connections.
“Network-connected devices such as doorbells, security cameras, and home automation systems are enhancing the security, energy efficiency, and convenience in the home,” explained Shawn Rogers, Marketing Development Manager at Zyxel. “However, those devices simply cannot operate without a strong, fast, reliable network connection. Our WRE6606 is designed to extend fast, reliable connectivity wherever needed throughout the home to ensure that those devices perform as designed and provide the homeowner with the functionality and capabilities they expect from those investments.”
The ZYXEL WRE6606 AC1300 MU-MIMO Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender carries a standard one-year warranty and is available now through all ZYXEL authorized resellers and e-Commerce partners at an estimated street price of $69.99. For more information on ZYXEL and its families of connectivity solutions for homes and businesses, visit www.zyxel.com/us and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
ZYXEL, a pioneer in IP technology for over two decades and trusted brand for over 25 years, provides a complete portfolio of multi-service LTE, fiber and DSL broadband gateways, home connectivity solutions, smart home devices and enterprise-class Ethernet switches, security and Wi-Fi equipment for small to mid-size businesses. ZYXEL offers integrated, interoperable network solutions based on open standards. Headquartered in Anaheim, California, ZYXEL offers its partners service-rich solutions backed by a domestic team of logistic, sales, and technical support professionals.