FRAMINGHAM, Mass.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Worldwide hardcopy peripherals (HCP) shipments declined 3.0% to 25 million units in the third quarter of 2016 (3Q16), according to the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker. The modest improvement over the previous quarter was largely due to solid results in Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan), which grew 4.4% year over year.
Notable highlights from the third quarter include:
- The contractual segment expanded 6.1% year over year in 3Q16, driven mainly by the managed print services (MPS) trend.
- Business inkjet shipments saw a year-over-year decline of 7.1% to approximately 2.4 million units with inkjet MFPs accounting for 90% of these shipments.
- Epson's was the only vendor among the top 5 with positive year-over-year unit growth, driven by strong performances in Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan), Western Europe, and the U.S.
- Laser markets in Western Europe grew 1.9% year over year in 3Q16, a sharp contrast with the negative trend observed in the region for the past five quarters. Laser revenue increased more than volume, indicating that prices in many Western European markets are holding steady: average selling prices (ASPs) for the laser market increased by 1.2% in 3Q16.
|Worldwide Hardcopy Peripherals Shipments, Market Share, and Growth, Q3 2016|
|1. HP Inc||9,472,015||37.9||%||9,937,429||38.6||%||-4.7||%|
|Source: IDC Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, December 2, 2016|
In addition to the above table, an interactive graphic showing worldwide market share for the top 5 hardcopy peripherals vendors is available here. Instructions on how to embed this graphic into online news articles and social media can be found by viewing this press release on IDC.com.
- Vendor shipments are branded shipments.
- Hardcopy Peripherals include single-function printers, multifunctional systems (MFPs), and single-function digital copiers (SF DC). Data for all vendors are reported for calendar periods.
- IDC follows A2-A4 devices in the Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker.
IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker provides market data on the global hardcopy peripherals (single function printer, multifunction printer, and single function digital copier) market. Historical data are provided by vendor, distribution channel, end-user segment, speed range, price band, configuration, model family, and format size. Forecast details include units, value, ASV, price band, and speed range by product by country by region.
For more information about IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, please contact Phuong Hang (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About IDC Trackers
IDC Tracker products provide accurate and timely market size, vendor share, and forecasts for hundreds of technology markets from more than 100 countries around the globe. Using proprietary tools and research processes, IDC's Trackers are updated on a semiannual, quarterly, and monthly basis. Tracker results are delivered to clients in user-friendly excel deliverables and on-line query tools. The IDC Tracker Charts app allows users to view data charts from the most recent IDC Tracker products on their iPhone and iPad. The IDC Tracker Chart app is also available for Android Phones and Android Tablets.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, data, and marketing services company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC.