LAS VEGAS--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--McKesson will showcase its comprehensive suite of technology solutions and clinical expertise designed to help hospital and health systems pharmacy leaders improve financial outcomes, increase supply chain efficiency and leverage actionable insights, here at the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting 2016, which runs from December 4–8, 2016. The McKesson Booth #2121 will host hands-on training sessions and solution demonstrations; and pharmacy consulting experts will be on hand for one-on-one discussions designed to show pharmacy leaders how improving pharmacy efficiency enables them to focus clinical staff on delivering quality patient care.
“Drug accountability using data and analytics for enhanced inventory management”
“Pharmacists are increasingly expected to champion initiatives designed to increase revenue and reduce costs while improving efficiency and patient care,” said Mark Eastham, Sr. Vice President and General Manager, McKesson Pharmacy Optimization®. “Our pharmacy team, a group of trusted advisors that work with health systems to help elevate the value that pharmacy brings to the health system, can help identify opportunities and work with hospital pharmacies to achieve success in critical areas such as patient safety and quality outcomes: rigorous financial performance, employee collaboration for operational efficiency, and integration of critical technology systems.”
Visitors to McKesson Booth #2121 will learn how the Power of “&” can work for them by taking advantage of the following opportunities:
- One-on-One Consulting: Attendees will have the opportunity to engage in one-on-one conversations with McKesson Pharmacy Optimization consultants. During this time, attendees can learn about best practices and solutions to challenges ranging from supply chain efficiency, to specialty and ambulatory pharmacy, to 340B and drug spend analysis.
- Learning Labs: Additionally, McKesson experts will offer 10-minute hands-on training sessions to help customers manage drug shortages, drug spend and drug ordering. For a complete list of Learning Lab sessions and to register, click here.
Attendees can get a first-hand look at a number of solutions designed to address top pharmacy challenges.
- McKesson Health Systems: McKesson helps customers improve financial outcomes through its evidence-based programs, products and services including, pharmacy revenue cycle analysis and support, and indigent drug recovery solutions. In addition, McKesson’s supply chain management solutions such as its competitive generics portfolio, lean six sigma methodologies and training, timely drug shortage information, and single-source access to specialty products help customers increase efficiency and deliver measurable, time-saving results. McKesson provides actionable pharmacy insights through detailed drug spend analytics, 340B program management, improved billing accuracy and more.
- McKesson Pharmacy Technology and Services (MPTS): McKesson High Volume Solutions is pleased to announce the launch of Central Fill as a Service, or “CFaaS” at ASHP. Through a partnership with McKesson’s Distribution Solutions and Macro Helix, CFaaS allows hospital outpatient pharmacies to benefit from a central fill facility without the investment in equipment, inventory, or staffing. McKesson owns the equipment and inventory and assesses a fee to each prescription filled that is targeted to be a significant savings over normal filling costs. CFaaS helps to free staff time to focus on patient care and outcomes as part of the hospital care team. In addition, it enables the facility to dispense 340B prescriptions and receive 340B inventories (patent pending), and expand services to include specialty and long-term care. Leveraging CFaaS helps the health system become better at managing per capita costs, population health, and the overall experience of care. McKesson Pharmacy Systems is showcasing integrated solutions to improve pharmacy outcomes: Adherence Performance Solution and Clinical Programs Solution. The Clinical Programs Solution enables pharmacies to add and manage multiple clinical programs. Pharmacies can access third party programs within workflow from their pharmacy management system and set up custom clinical programs based on their patients’ needs. The Adherence Performance Solution online dashboard provides valuable data to help health system pharmacies act on payer performance criteria and help to improve patient outcomes through a focus on medication adherence. The pharmacy receives information right within workflow, regarding patients to target for an adherence program. The system also generates data to compare adherence performance of the pharmacy to the rest of the market segment to show the value of the pharmacy to preferred networks.
- McKesson’s automation partner, Parata, will be demonstrating its Parata Max® and Parata Mini® robotic dispensing technology to show how automation solutions can: fill scripts safely; prevent controlled-substance diversion; manage an increasing script volume; and store, monitor and track drugs safely and securely. Parata automation allows health system pharmacists to free up labor for other value-added activities, such as medication reconciliation consulting, patient education, and post-discharge interventions to improve patient outcomes. Parata’s PASS 208™ adherence strip packager and Check PASS inspection aide will also be featured within the McKesson booth to show how health system pharmacists can make it easy for patients to take the right medication at the right time, every time. PASS adherence packaging organizes medications the way patients take them, by day and time of dose, and empowers pharmacists to take a more proactive role in patient outcomes, avoid readmission for discharged patients, support common “med to bed” health system programs, and provide services to other health system entities such as a hospice or care center.
- McKesson Ventures: is proud to sponsor PipelineRx – the leading independent technology-enabled telepharmacy solutions provider serving nearly 300 acute and specialty hospitals. The Company’s pharmacy workforce solutions enable hospitals to dramatically increase operating efficiencies while ensuring medication efficacy, increasing patient safety, and improving clinical outcomes. PipelineRx differentiates its unique services via its integrated, private, cloud-based technology platform and its optimized, distributed telepharmacist network. McKesson Ventures is the venture capital arm of McKesson Corporation specializing in early and growth stage companies. McKesson Ventures targets companies that both catalyze and benefit from the key changes taking place in the U.S. health care landscape. Visit www.mckessonventures.com to learn more.
ASHP Poster Sessions and Presentations to Feature McKesson Solutions
ASHP will feature a number of McKesson customers and solutions in poster sessions and presentations covering the following topics:
- “One-year cost savings after an interchange from tiotropium to ipratropium/albuterol nebulizer solution in a community medical center,” Monday, December 5, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- “Data analysis to optimize primary national drug code at nine university health system ambulatory pharmacy locations for improved inventory management and cost savings,” Monday, December 5, 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- “Distribution and inventory management of high-cost medications at a large academic medical center,” Tuesday, December 6, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- “Standardizing system-wide primary national drug code for improved inventory management and cost savings,” Sunday, December 4, 11:00-11:30 a.m.
- “Drug accountability using data and analytics for enhanced inventory management” (Session 245-L04), Tuesday, December 6, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
About McKesson Corporation
McKesson Corporation, currently ranked 5th on the FORTUNE 500, is a healthcare services and information technology company dedicated to making the business of healthcare run better. McKesson partners with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. McKesson helps its customers improve their financial, operational, and clinical performance with solutions that include pharmaceutical and medical-surgical supply management, healthcare information technology, and business and clinical services. For more information, visit www.mckesson.com.