SEATTLE--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Today at AWS re:Invent, Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS), an Amazon.com company (NASDAQ:AMZN), announced three new AWS Partner Network (APN) programs – the AWS Service Delivery Program, the APN Public Sector Partner Program, and the VMware Cloud™ on AWS Partner Program – that will support and differentiate APN partners who provide solutions and expertise for specific services, workloads, and industry verticals. AWS also launched two new AWS Competencies that enable and promote partners who have demonstrated proven success in Financial Services and Internet of Things (IoT). To help customers more easily find the right partner and solution for their specific business needs, AWS launched the APN Partner Solutions Finder, a new website where customers can search for, discover, and connect with APN Partners. AWS also announced that the AWS Marketplace has grown to more than 3,500 listings from 1,100 independent software vendors (ISVs) across 35 different categories, enabling customers to easily purchase and deploy even more software that is pre-configured for the AWS Cloud. For more information, visit http://aws.amazon.com/partners.
“There’s never been a better time to be an APN Partner. Customers are turning to the AWS Cloud to address an increasingly broad set of needs across their organizations, which translates to business opportunities for the APN partners that help them achieve their goals”
AWS customers across regions and industries turn to APN Partners for specialized technology and expertise that helps them solve a diverse set of business challenges and get the most out of the expanding range of AWS services. With 60 percent of APN Partners headquartered outside of the U.S., customers around the globe can find the tools and services they need to take full advantage of the AWS Cloud. More than 10,000 new partners have joined the APN in the past 12 months, offering customers an ever-expanding selection of software solutions hosted on, or integrated with, AWS. And, thousands of new APN Consulting Partners are available to help design, architect, build, migrate, and manage customer workloads and applications. AWS customers also continue to turn to AWS Marketplace for their software needs, and today customers around the world are using over 300 million hours a month of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) to run AWS Marketplace products.
“There’s never been a better time to be an APN Partner. Customers are turning to the AWS Cloud to address an increasingly broad set of needs across their organizations, which translates to business opportunities for the APN partners that help them achieve their goals,” said Dorothy Copeland, General Manager, Global Partner Programs, AWS. “This is why we continue to invest in programs that help APN Partners differentiate based on the specialized value they provide to customers. AWS Competencies and other APN distinctions help customers know that an APN Partner can deliver the right expertise, solution, or technology for the job.”
New APN programs for Service Delivery, Public Sector Partners, and VMware Cloud on AWS
Today, AWS is introducing three new programs that provide tools, training, and benefits to qualified APN Partners, and help distinguish them based on specialized expertise:
- The AWS Service Delivery Program: Identifies APN Consulting and Technology Partners that have passed technical reviews, and have a validated track record of customer success with a specific AWS service. For example, a customer planning to use Amazon Redshift can look to partners that have earned Amazon Redshift Partner status to provide tested and validated expertise or solutions. At launch, the AWS Services Delivery Program has over 150 APN Partner solutions and practices validated across 15 categories, including Amazon Alexa, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EMR, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon Machine Learning, Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift, AWS CloudFront, AWS Config, AWS Database Migration Service, AWS GovCloud (US) workloads, AWS Lambda, and AWS WAF.
- The AWS Public Sector Partner Program: Designed for APN Partners with solutions and experience to help deliver government, education, and nonprofit customer missions around the world leveraging the AWS Cloud. With more than 350 partners at launch, the program helps qualified APN Partners build and accelerate their AWS Public Sector business.
- The VMware Cloud on AWS Partner Program: In October, VMware and AWS announced a strategic alliance to build and deliver a seamlessly integrated hybrid offering that will give customers the full software-defined data center (SDDC) experience from the leader in the private cloud, running on the world’s most popular, trusted, and robust public cloud. VMware Cloud on AWS will be delivered, sold, and supported by VMware as an on-demand, elastically scalable service that leverages AWS’s global footprint and breadth of services. Launching in 2017, the VMware Cloud on AWS Partner Program will focus on supporting customers as they deploy and operate VMware Cloud on AWS.
New IoT and Financial Services Competencies Launch Today
The AWS Competency Program highlights APN Partners who have demonstrated technical proficiency and proven customer success in specialized solution areas. With these additions, the AWS Competency Program now covers 16 different workloads and verticals.
- The AWS Financial Services Competency: Recognizes APN Consulting and Technology partners that have demonstrated industry expertise and offer solutions for customers in banking and payments, capital markets, and insurance. APN Partners with the AWS Financial Services Competency include: 2nd Watch, Accenture, Avoka, Calypso, Capgemini, Cloud Technology Partners, Cloudreach, Cognizant, Corezoid, EIS Group, FICO, FIS-Prophet, Guidewire, IHS Markit, Infosys, Mambu, Moven, NICE Systems, REAN Cloud, Sopra Steria, and Wipro.
- The AWS IoT Competency: Showcases APN Consulting and Technology Partners that provide proven technology and implementation capabilities for a variety of IoT use cases, including intelligent factories, smart cities, energy, automotive, transportation, and healthcare. APN Partners with the AWS IoT Competency include: Accenture, Amdocs, Aricent, Asavie, Bsquare Corporation, C3 IoT, Cloud Technology Partners, Eseye, Intel, Luxoft, MachineShop, Microchip Technology, Mobiquity, PTC, Solstice, SORACOM, Splunk, Sturdy Networks, Thinglogix, and Trek10.
AWS Partner Solutions Finder helps customers connect with the right APN Partners
Customers often ask where to go when looking for a partner that can help design, migrate, manage, and optimize their workloads on AWS, or for partner-built tools that can help them achieve their goals. The AWS Partner Solutions Finder provides customers with a website where they can easily search, discover, and connect with trusted APN Technology and Consulting Partners based on their business needs. Customers can easily search AWS-vetted partner profiles based on criteria such as location, industry, use case, and products. The AWS Partner Solutions Finder helps customers quickly identify authorized AWS Resellers or validated AWS Managed Service Providers, and find APN Partners who hold specific AWS Competencies and AWS Service Delivery Program distinctions.
AWS Marketplace continues rapid growth
AWS Marketplace provides a way for customers around the globe to find, buy, and immediately start using software that runs on AWS by simplifying licensing, purchasing, and deployment of software to the AWS Cloud. AWS Marketplace has added more than a thousand new listings and over 300 new ISVs in the last year, bringing the total to more than 3,500 software listings from over 1,100 ISVs. More than 100,000 active customers rely on AWS Marketplace to take the heavy lifting out of finding, procuring, and deploying third-party software, and with the recent launch of SaaS Subscriptions on AWS Marketplace, it’s now easier than ever for AWS customers to start using third-party SaaS and API products and pay for it all through their existing AWS bill. SaaS Subscriptions are currently available for more than 40 solutions on AWS Marketplace, from ISVs such as Acumatica, Avalara, Datadog, New Relic, Sumo Logic, Trend Micro, and many more.
For further details on APN programs, benefits, and terms, see http://aws.amazon.com/partners/programs/.
About Amazon Web Services
For 10 years, Amazon Web Services has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 70 fully featured services for compute, storage, databases, analytics, mobile, Internet of Things (IoT) and enterprise applications from 38 Availability Zones (AZs) across 14 geographic regions in the U.S., Australia, Brazil, China, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and India. AWS services are trusted by more than a million active customers around the world -- including the fastest growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies -- to power their infrastructure, make them more agile, and lower costs. To learn more about AWS, visit http://aws.amazon.com.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.