EUREKA, Mo.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Six Flags St. Louis hosts its first ever Holiday in the Park® celebration November 25 through January 1. Guests can make their way through twelve holiday-themed sections of the park featuring dazzling light displays, festive decorations and holiday entertainment along with seasonal treats and treasures. The park will also give guests the chance to break a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for most couples kissing under the mistletoe on December 10.
“Guests will step into this winter wonderland filled with more than one million sparkling lights and incredible decorations where they can enjoy holiday shows, seasonal foods, pictures with Santa and some of their favorite rides with their family and friends.”
“The park has undergone an incredible transformation to bring the magic of the season to our guests with Holiday in the Park,” said Pete Carmichael, Six Flags St. Louis park president. “Guests will step into this winter wonderland filled with more than one million sparkling lights and incredible decorations where they can enjoy holiday shows, seasonal foods, pictures with Santa and some of their favorite rides with their family and friends.”
Holiday in the Park offers the following joys of the season, including:
- Twelve holiday-themed sections like Christmas Courtyard, Celebration of Six Flags, Tinsel Town, Cut Tree Trail, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, The North Pole, Candy Cane Forest, S’moresville, Star of Wonder, Christmas Crossroads and Winter Wonderland;
- Breathtaking decorations adorning the theme park including over one million dazzling lights, over 400 decorated trees up to 30-ft in height, nearly 7,000 ornaments and some 3,500 feet of garland;
- Holiday-themed productions include The Majesty of Christmas nativity story featuring live animals and a flying angel; The Magic of Christmas, a fully immersive light show set to music and performed by 5 towering trees in front of the Palace Theatre; and The Tinseltones performing classic songs of the season;
- Strolling entertainment like the Holiday Harmonies quartet, The Poinsettia Princess, Candy Cane Lane Sentry, Snow Princess and more;
- Festive activities for the whole family with story time, cookie-decorating, ornament-making, and face-painting;
- Holiday photo opportunities with Santa and Mrs. Claus;
- Wood-burning fire pits throughout the park where guests can warm up and make the perfect s’mores;
- Twenty rides including six of the park’s most thrilling coasters;
- Seasonal treats such as hot chocolate, cider, festive funnel cakes, holiday-flavored fudge, roasted nuts and traditional turkey, gravy and cranberry entrees;
- Retail locations brimming with great stocking stuffers including ornaments, holiday pajamas, ugly Christmas sweaters and exclusive Holiday in the park souvenirs.
Holiday in the Park kicks off Friday, November 25 and runs Saturdays and Sundays through December 19 and daily December 22 through January 1 excluding Christmas Eve and Christmas day. On December 10, guests will have the opportunity to attempt to break the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for most couples kissing under the mistletoe. One hundred couples will be asked to kiss for 10 seconds while holding mistletoe over their heads. For more information about Holiday in the Park, visit www.sixflags.com/stlouis
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.3 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 55 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.